Facilities, College of Bio-Technology, Ranchi
The college of biotechnology has four separate hostels for boys and three for girls. The hostel mess is managed by the student mess committee. The University is fully residential. The students are
allotted single/double seated rooms in the hostel. Computer, Internet, Cable TV connections, Common room, Multigym, Cooler with aquaguard, Geiser, mess, guest room & facilities for outdoor & indoor games are available in hostels for students.
The College has 3 Bus for transport of students & teachers from Ranchi town to Kanke & conduct of exposure visits, NSS work & other activities. Staff Car, Ambulence & Jeep are also available for various works.
- The University has provided hostels for boys and girls in the !!Agriculture College Campus for accommodation.
- Facilities like multigym, Sports ground, medical facility with !!Ambulence, Internet facility, College
- Auditorium for cultural activities, Faculty Conference room for Seminar, Quiz, Debate competitions exist in the campus.
- NSS activity is regularly organized.!!
- Students also undertake exposure visits to different Institutions as part of academic activity.!!
- Annual Sports & Games meet is organized each year to encourage extra-curricular activities. !!
- Regular student-teacher interaction is arranged for redressal of their problems & grievances.!!
To convert the existing information into knowledge base, the Birsa Agricultural University has created ‘ARIS Cell-cum-Computer Centre’ in each faculty of the University connected with its main Computer Centre. The ARIS cell of the Faculty of Agriculture is presently catering to ‘Computer Application’ needs of student as well as Scientists / Teachers. The smooth functioning of the ARIS Cell of the faculty made a remarkable impact in the work culture and mind-set of students and scientist/ teachers in tune with the technological developments brought in by IT revolution. The ARIS Cell has taken responsibility for establishing and extending the electronic connectivity through LAN on priority basis and train more and more students and staff members to make best use of the facilities provided under ARIS programme. Presently the ARIS Cell is connected with LAN as well as Broadband and having 12 modern computer systems. Computer peripherals such as Printers, Scanners and application softwares are available for the users. The cell has procured a number of readymade statistical softwares for the research scholars and scientists of the faculty.