The University offers courses leading to M.Sc. (Ag.), M.V.Sc. and Msc. (Forestry) degree in various disciplined of Agriculture, Vety. Science and Forestry. There are altogether 31 post-graduate departments out of which 23 Departments offer Ph.D. degree in Agriculture, Vety. Science and Forestry. In addition to above the university also offers M.Sc. degree in Bio-technology, M.Tech. Agril. Engineering and MBA (agribusiness). The admission to different Post Graduate programmes with respect to Agriculture, Forestry, Veterinary Science, Agril. Engineering and Bio-technology is done on the basis of Entrance examination in unreserved and respective reserved categories. Reservation roster as decided by Govt. of Jharkhand is followed in P.G. admission. In M.Sc. Biotechnology, 50% seats are for students having Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Veterinary Science & A.H. and Forestry, and remaining 50% seats are for students having Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology with Honours as per University rules and reservation roster of the State Govt. In MBA (Agribusiness) students having Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Forestry, Horticulture, Fisheries, Dairy Technology, Agril. Engineering, Food Science, Home Science (from SAU only), Biotechnology, Biological Science and Food Processing /Technology are admitted on the basis of Entrance Examination, group discussion and interview. 50% seats are reserved for the residents of Jharkhand and reservation roster of the state government is applicable.
- Master’s Degree Four semesters are the minimum residential requirements for Master’s Degree for regular students. Degree is awarded by the Post-graduate faculty on the basis of course-cum-research studies spread over the whole period of 4 semesters. A student is required, to complete 37 credit hours of course-work and 15 credit hours of research work.
- Doctorate Degree Six semesters are the minimum residential requirements of Ph.D degree for regular student. The degree is awarded by the University in post-graduate faculty on the basis of course-cum-research and thesis evaluation. A students is required to complete 26 credit hours course work and 45 cre(lt.t hours research work spread over 6 semesters.
Disciplines offering Post-Graduate Programmes
- M.Sc. (Ag.) only Agricultual Physics and Agricultual Statistics .
- M.Sc. (Ag.) and Ph.D. Agricultual Economics , Agricultual Entomology , Agricultual Extension Education, Agronomy , Horticulture, Plant Pathology, Plant Breeding & Genetics and Soil Science & Agril. Chemistry
- M.V.Sc. only Live Stock Products Technology.
- M.V.Sc. and Ph.D. Animal Breeding & Genetics, Animal Nutrition, Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Anatony,Veterinary Microbiology, Veterinary Parasitology, Veterinary Pathology, Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology, Veterinary Physiology, Veterinary Public Health & Epidemiology, Veterinary Surgery & Radiology, Live Stock Production & Management, Veterinary Biochemistry, Animal Husbandry / Extension Education.
- M.Sc. (Forestry) Forest Biology & Tree Improvement, Forest Products & Utilization, Natural Resource Management and Basic Science & Humanities Course Curriculam
- M.Sc. (Forestry) Silviculture and Agroforestry
- M.Sc. (Bio-technology)
- M. Tech. (Agricultural Engg.)
- MBA Agribusiness Programme Course Curriculam