- Develop academically qualified human resources through U.G., P.G., Ph.D. and other academic programmes.
- Conduct fundamental and need-based, area-specific research on Agriculture, Veterinary Sciences, Forestry and Fisheries.
- Develop and promote the application of modem agricultural technology for improving the agricultural situation of the region and socio-economic status of scheduled tribes and other weaker sections of the society through various extension programmes.
- Organise need-based training programme for Officials, Extension functionaries of State Departments, other organisations and farmers.
- Develop collaborative linkages with Government Undertakings, National and International
Organisations for sharing and improving university resources.